Friday 2 February 2024

Its a long long time now since the Covid Lockdowns prompted me to begin this daily picture on my blog... but I remember feeling very helpless when the lockdown began... asking myself "what on earth can I do now ? " We were in the middle of a series with 2 groups each week coming to do an overview of the Bible... and we were just about to begin studying the New Testament when we had to stop abruptly because of the Covid Pandemic... Then my question "whatever can I do now ? " was quickly answered by my thinking " well, I have several paintings and photos, perhaps I could just do a daily blog... and I soon discovered through emails from people following this blog, that a picture each day was helpful during that difficult time. So, what next ?? Well, sadly, we are still living in difficult times... I don't need to enumerate... you know for yourself what comes to mind... but we can still find hope... I have come across so many things recently that are examples of people finding hope even when they had almost given up... and perhaps you would like to read about these people as well ? I do not expect to be able, this time, to give a daily picture... but... well, I will try and share some signs of hope now and then... Lets begin with a book I found soon after my husband died last May : it contains 40 reflections in paintings and words on "A Landscape of Grief" by Jenny Hawke... you can find it on the Leprosy Mission site / I bought it from their shop. [ apologies : I have just taken a photo of the front cover so you would be able to find it more easily... but all I seem to be able to access from my album of recent photos are a series of photos entitled "memories" and I cannot find the photo I have just taked anywhere :( Clearly I need to learn more about digital things...] On the off-chance that you might like to see a photo or two from this section I could find... I will upload what I can... here goes...
Well... thats a surprise... this is the photo of the book I was looking for before, and this time it was the only photo I could find ! Perhaps next time I will be able to access photos more accurately... lets hope so

No comments:

Post a Comment