Wednesday 27 May 2020

Thursday : Wind


 I love painting sailing boats... the way the wind takes their sails...

sudden jybe, Pyfleet races: c. Janet Driver

on the wings of the morning : c. Janet Driver

...as a child I remember learning this poem about wind... with a long drawn-out Whooooo   :)

Who has seen the wind? 
Neither I nor you: 
But when the leaves hang trembling, 
The wind is passing through. 

Who has seen the wind? 
Neither you nor I: 
But when the trees bow down their heads, 
The wind is passing by.                                  Christina Rossetti

..then, years later, this struck me :  
 “the wind blows wherever it pleases;
you hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going...
that is how it is with all who are born of the spirit...”
                                                                           St John 3, v 8

No comments:

Post a Comment