Friday 29 May 2020

Pentecost Sunday


“I will pour out my spirit on all people...”  Acts 2 v 17
I would love to know the name of the artist of this painting I saw recently ...which seems to hint at far more people than those dressed in the clothes of Jesus’ immediate followers receiving the Holy Spirit

What does it say to you ?

Ongoing Pentecostal Symphony...     

It seems to link in with my painting from a few years ago when someone challenged me to paint something for Pentecost...
I thought of the quiet, intimate giving of the Holy Spirit by the Risen Christ
( John 20 v 22 ) when “He breathed on them, and they received the Holy Spirit”...

and also the description of the “rushing mighty wind “ and “tongues of fire” (Acts 2 ) when there were probably a larger group of people all gathered together ( Acts 1 v 12 - 15 )...

and then recalled all those throughout history, around the world, and within my own knowledge who have experienced the Holy Spirit in our own lives...an ongoing symphony...a continual outpouring... in a myriad different ways...


No comments:

Post a Comment