Monday 30 July 2018

August Butterfly Count

Do join this year’s Butterfly Count...   www.bigbutterflycount.org


I painted this a few years ago after sketching in Sion House tropical butterfly room, and it reminded me of Peacock butterflies that seem to love Buddlea flowers. There were often several of these beautiful butterflies around the garden, but I haven’t seen any at all in the last few years. This year the only ones enjoying the heatwave seem to be Large White fluttering all around the lavender bushes.
This link below is for the Guardian selection of beautiful butterfly photos from people joining in the big butterfly count this year. Something joyful to look at for a change from the chaos just now.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/gallery/2018/jul/30/big-butterfly-count-2018-your-best-pictures?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other


Naturally this blog needs to use cookies But I do not receive any personal information thereby.
If you choose to contact me by email, I will not pass on your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment